The Student Room Group

Vet medicine interview tips

I'm planning to apply to vet medicine. Are there any tips for the interviews?
Reply 1
Look into current issues, think about your reasons for wanting to be a vet, why a vet and not a doctor/vet nurse? Think about managing workload and work life balance. If can be helpful to write all these down to arrange your thoughts but I wouldn’t recommend just learning them as this can look very scripted and not authentic. Anyone can recite answers to a question, but being open and honest is far more beneficial for them to see who you are x
Original post by SedraS
I'm planning to apply to vet medicine. Are there any tips for the interviews?

Be completely honest in your interview. If you don't know an answer or understand what the interviewer is asking you, then say 'I haven't covered this in class / on my work experience yet, but to the best of my understanding ...', so that it shows you are willing to learn more and apply your own knowledge.
Also apply strategically, think about what type of interview you like more (MMI or panel, or even Bristol has no interview and just a big essay type thing) and apply for those unis. I know that RVC has MMI, and Nottingham and Liverpool are panel. I'm not sure about the others.
Be confident and you will be fine 🙂 The interviewers are all nice and give you hints if you get stuck.

Quick Reply