The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

transferring to UCL Bartlett

So I want to transfer to the Bartlett school of architecture from my current university. My current university grades aren’t that great but if I had a really strong portfolio and sufficient Highschool grades would that be sufficient? FYI, I’m not from the UK.
First step is to PHONE them and see if they accept transfers.
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Original post by McGinger
First step is to PHONE them and see if they accept transfers.

would I still need to if I am applying from a completely different major and hence my credits wouldn’t transfer? l
If you want Year 1, you still need to contact them first - because a) the course may already be closed and b) will they accept your current qualifications.
Original post by candiedpotato
would I still need to if I am applying from a completely different major and hence my credits wouldn’t transfer? l

Are you applying from the US/Canada...? As you are using NA based terms (e.g. "major") and using the term "transfer" in the NA sense.

In the UK the term "transfer" usually means to apply from one uni to the following year at another (e.g. complete year 1 and one university and apply for year 2 at another). If you are just reapplying for first year entry it's the same as applying from school, although you need to declare your current study in your UCAS application as well as your school qualifications.

Note that if you are hoping to apply for starting an undergraduate course at UCL in architecture this coming October - you will almost certainly not be able to do so. The deadline for equal consideration was January 25th this year and so unis are not obliged to consider any applicants after that date equally with those who applied before. They will also have finished making offers to those who applied before the equal application deadline now (as of yesterday). For very competitive courses/unis (which architecture at UCL very much is) they are unlikely to consider any applicants after the deadline.

So you will most likely be looking at applying in the coming UCAS application cycle (starting from September) for entry in fall 2025.
Yes I’m applying from NA for 2025 intake. I know I have to provide my full educational history, where my Highschool grades meet the grade equivalent on their website. However, I did fail one of my university courses and my current university marks are quite average, so I was just wondering if this would still severely affect my application even if I had strong portfolio (even though I heard that UCL cares significantly more about portfolio)

Quick Reply