The Student Room Group

Query plz uni help

Ok so, I got all 4’s at gcse and resat english i got 3 and resat and got 4

would i be able to apply to russel groups next year? i do btec business level 3 extended diploma and i’m predicted DDD, i’m resitting unit 3 since i got a merit and was very close to distinction, by very close i mean 2 marks away. my teacher says she will give me DDD for oct 2024 when applying to uni. someone tel me can i?
Original post by ejejwjejj
Ok so, I got all 4’s at gcse and resat english i got 3 and resat and got 4
would i be able to apply to russel groups next year? i do btec business level 3 extended diploma and i’m predicted DDD, i’m resitting unit 3 since i got a merit and was very close to distinction, by very close i mean 2 marks away. my teacher says she will give me DDD for oct 2024 when applying to uni. someone tel me can i?

it depends what course you’re applying for and also which russel group uni, id recommend having a look at the entry requirements of specific ones as they aren’t a monolith. do you know what unis you’d want to go to? what degree you’d be applying for? unless you’re applying for medicine or something like that i highly doubt there isn’t a single russel group uni that would let you apply.
Reply 2
no it’s Law or Law with business, i’m apply for those two
no it’s Law or Law with business, i’m apply for those two

sorry none of my replies seem to be sending so hopefully replying this way does. do you know if you’re eligible for any access schemes? and does location of the university matter?
Reply 4
Original post by hazza939
sorry none of my replies seem to be sending so hopefully replying this way does. do you know if you’re eligible for any access schemes? and does location of the university matter?
yes, i’m eligible for the contextual offer, and i had free school meals previously and area i live in gcse results are poor
yes, i’m eligible for the contextual offer, and i had free school meals previously and area i live in gcse results are poor
ok i had a look at some stuff
-cardiff uni makes offers within an AAA-AAB range so with your contextual offer you could do that (they accept btecs so DDD = AAB. they don’t do law with business tho, just law on its own
-exeter uni does law or law with business and both would accept your grades even without a contextual offer (but obv still go for the contextual if you can, helps with other things and also gives you a bit of leeway for your results) i also recall seeing it had very good industry links and placement opportunities built into the degree, i didn’t look into them too much but i highly suggest having a look because opportunities like that are so helpful with law and business
-uni of leeds, uni of liverpool, uni of nottingham, uni of newcastle, queen mary uni of london, uni of sheffield, uni of york would all accept your grades provided you were accepted for their contextual admissions- but it’s unlikely they would without it as most of them want D*DD for non contextual applicants. also all of them offer law but only some offer law with business so i suggest checking out each universities specific listing for their law/law with business courses and seeing what their entry requirements are (i might have misremembered some so it’s worth double checking)
-russel group unis i didn’t list are quite clear in their entry requirements that they do not accept btecs unless it’s one btec taken alongside two traditional a levels, i only listed ones that would accept your type of qualification.

hopefully this helped! if there’s anything else i can help you with feel free to ask. if not, university websites usually have a very informative page for each of their degrees so you can find a lot of stuff there. id deffo suggest looking into exeter specifically if the location is right for you as well because it seems to be a great choice (they’re all great choices tbf lmao but still)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending