The Student Room Group

16 yo job advice!

Hi i am currently 16 and have never had a job before. I am hoping to apply this summer in maybe retail jobs, just part time for some pay and experience. But i have no idea how to go around this 😭 I don’t know to make a CV or even apply to places. If someone could just explain to me what I’m actually meant to do I will forever be grateful. My whole summer relies on me getting a job for my university personal statement too. Thank you
Original post by Idkwhattopick
Hi i am currently 16 and have never had a job before. I am hoping to apply this summer in maybe retail jobs, just part time for some pay and experience. But i have no idea how to go around this 😭 I don’t know to make a CV or even apply to places. If someone could just explain to me what I’m actually meant to do I will forever be grateful. My whole summer relies on me getting a job for my university personal statement too. Thank you
Hi

Applying for retail jobs you'll be best going through each retailer own website and set up a on-line profile first and then you can search for Jobs in your local area. Follow the online instructions for everything.
Boots, Tesco, Sainsbury's, Morrisons and Argos, Primark and any other retailer shop you can think of apply for and then see what happens with potential interviews.

Supermarkets you can apply for ok although majority of the jobs advertised states 18+ but you'll be able to get a job at 16 with them but be restricted to working in certain departments due to age 18 restrictions rules.

No retailers usually take a CV from anyone in person as everything is done through there website ok.
Original post by Tracey_W
Hi

Applying for retail jobs you'll be best going through each retailer own website and set up a on-line profile first and then you can search for Jobs in your local area. Follow the online instructions for everything.
Boots, Tesco, Sainsbury's, Morrisons and Argos, Primark and any other retailer shop you can think of apply for and then see what happens with potential interviews.

Supermarkets you can apply for ok although majority of the jobs advertised states 18+ but you'll be able to get a job at 16 with them but be restricted to working in certain departments due to age 18 restrictions rules.

No retailers usually take a CV from anyone in person as everything is done through there website ok.

I agree
Original post by Emma:-)
I agree

Thanks Emma xx

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending