The Student Room Group
De Montfort University
De Montfort University
Leicester
Visit website

Busy hours at Kimberlin Library

Hi

I would like to know at what time is Kimberlin Library busiest.
Also what are the busiest days of the week?

Thanks,
Ryan
Original post by Ryan1188
Hi
I would like to know at what time is Kimberlin Library busiest.
Also what are the busiest days of the week?
Thanks,
Ryan

Hiya!

Our library at DMU is a great facility for our students. I have been in contact with our library team as I figured they would be the experts regarding your question - they stated that between 1pm and 5pm Monday to Friday is typically the busiest and that weekends can vary. I am due to get a follow-up email with a more detailed breakdown and once I have received this, I will post another reply.

I hope this helps
-Maddie, second year Health and Well-being in Society student at De Montfort University
De Montfort University
De Montfort University
Leicester
Visit website
Original post by De Montfort University
Hiya!
Our library at DMU is a great facility for our students. I have been in contact with our library team as I figured they would be the experts regarding your question - they stated that between 1pm and 5pm Monday to Friday is typically the busiest and that weekends can vary. I am due to get a follow-up email with a more detailed breakdown and once I have received this, I will post another reply.
I hope this helps
-Maddie, second year Health and Well-being in Society student at De Montfort University

I have received the email 😀

In terms of weekdays, Tuesdays tend to be our busiest day of the week! It is then Mondays and Thursdays. Wednesdays tend to be quieter and Fridays are when generally most study spaces are available - aha I think I'll start coming in on Fridays as the study spaces are great to book and I tend to get a lot of work done during these sessions.

On a standard week day, the occupancy tends to build up through the morning and peaks around 1-3pm and starts to decrease from 5pm onwards.

However sometimes there will be days where this differs and this may be due to assignment deadlines, exam periods and holidays etc 😀

At weekends, Saturdays are the quieter out of the two days and at the weekend the occupancy in the building tends to peak at a later time of day usually around 5-6pm

I hope this extra information has been helpful, it certainly has for me!
-Maddie, Second year Health and Well-being in Society student at De Montfort University

Quick Reply