The Student Room Group

How to structure poetry anthology question?

Hi im doing aqa english lit, power and conflict. I was taught to compare the poems in the introduction (e.g. compare similar themes, state difference), and then do a couple paragraphs on each poem (about the themes in the introduction). This has scored me well in mocks (marked by teachers), and I just used Tilf.io which (potentially unreliably) awarded me 29-30 marks for an essay.
However, I am starting to doubt if the examiner will fully consider my essay a comparison. I was just wondering if I could stick to this structure, or if there was anything (e..g in the markscheme) that states I must further integrate the comparisons.
(edited 3 weeks ago)
Original post by mafumafu
Hi im doing aqa english lit, power and conflict. I was taught to compare the poems in the introduction (e.g. compare similar themes, state difference), and then do a couple paragraphs on each poem (about the themes in the introduction). This has scored me well in mocks (marked by teachers), and I just used Tilf.io which (potentially unreliably) awarded me 29-30 marks for an essay.
However, I am starting to doubt if the examiner will fully consider my essay a comparison. I was just wondering if I could stick to this structure, or if there was anything (e..g in the markscheme) that states I must further integrate the comparisons.

Watch mr salles videos, they are really good
Reply 2
Original post by mafumafu

we were taught to do the into but continue going back and forth analysing the poems because your more likely going to get the marks if you have compared all aspects really well like form and structure also it ensures if u run out time u have awsnered the question fully and havnt written less for a poem

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending