The Student Room Group

Post links in the app do not work the same way that they do on the website

Problem Summary

Problem Details
When clicking on some post links, it’ll sometimes take you to completely irrelevant posts in the app (old thread) rather than the correct post within a thread.

Device
Mobile

Browser
TSR App

Link
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showpost.php?p=99477777&postcount=545

Additional Information
In the link above, the link is supposed to take me to reply 544 (which it does on the website) but when clicking on the link in the app, it takes me to a 22 year old thread rather than reply 544 of the AQA Chemistry Triple Tier Higher Thread.
Original post by Talkative Toad
Problem Summary
Problem Details
When clicking on some post links, it’ll sometimes take you to completely irrelevant posts in the app (old thread) rather than the correct post within a thread.
Device
Mobile
Browser
TSR App
Link
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showpost.php?p=99477777&postcount=545
Additional Information
In the link above, the link is supposed to take me to reply 544 (which it does on the website) but when clicking on the link in the app, it takes me to a 22 year old thread rather than reply 544 of the AQA Chemistry Triple Tier Higher Thread.

Can I check which version of the app you're on, please? This should be resolved in 2.3.2 onwards :smile:
Original post by RainbowLapras
Can I check which version of the app you're on, please? This should be resolved in 2.3.2 onwards :smile:

I’m on that app version and when I click on link from the app it now takes me to the correct post on the website instead of in the app.
(edited 1 month ago)
Original post by Talkative Toad
I’m on that app version and when I click on link from the app it now takes me to the correct post on the website instead of in the app.

That's expected at present, thank you for checking! :biggrin:

We'll have another update soon that will keep them within the app
Original post by RainbowLapras
That's expected at present, thank you for checking! :biggrin:

We'll have another update soon that will keep them within the app

Thank you

Quick Reply