The Student Room Group

HOW to study

idk how to study for english and dont know any good websites or books that can help me because how can you revise for english
is this for gcse?
Reply 2
Original post by surshshushshabs
idk how to study for english and dont know any good websites or books that can help me because how can you revise for english

If you’re on about GCSE: check out First rate tutors, Mr Bruff and Mrs Whelan on YouTube
This is for gcse English, sorry if it doesn’t help;

Lit; learn/understand the plot of what books you’re doing, learn several important quotes from of each character/scene (flash cards can be the way to go with this), learn each character and their importance/role in the story and how their role affects the plot. for poetry make sure you annotate and understand the meaning of the poem - physics and maths tutor has some good explanations for poetry, well my anthology (power and conflict), the general rule I’ve seen for poetry aswell is to remember three quotes for each poem so flash cards would also be useful for this. also for poetry, understand how the topics of your anthology are shown in the poems (e.g. power and conflict, you would look for how each poem shows power and conflict). lasty, know which poem is best to compare to each other, make a note of it on your anthology if you forget, historical context for each poem can be important but as long as you know the meaning of each one it would probably include that.

Lang; know what each question is asking you and how to structure it, practice writing out your answers on past papers and look at what marking band you want to be in for your desired grade and look at the example answers to gage how you’ll have to answer. also for the creative writing, you could read some fiction books (nothing too heavy/long - children’s books will do just fine), and see how it is structured and presented, that could help.

Physics and maths tutor is a great website for getting past papers and explanations (note that they only have explanations for literature, but they have past papers for both). I’ve also been recommended Mr Bruff, i don’t know if he’s any good but that may be a good place to start with video explanation and help.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending