The Student Room Group

Pharmacy or Computer Science

I absolute hate complex maths which is in a computer science degree so I will not be doing a computer science degree to get in tech which I’m considering with pharmacy I think pharmacy more stable but if want six figures and flexibility feel like techs better I’ll be applying to pharmacy at uni and tech degree apprenticeships but also if think pharmacy isn’t for me what degree should apply for incase don’t get in my apprenticeships probs like business management as the only job in healthcare I am interested in is pharmacy nothing else and yeah in tech thinking sales project management software engineering devops cyber security cloud engineering so much but not data science and ai where is heavily math???
I'm afraid you won't earn 6 figures in Pharmacy!
What about an Economics and Finance degree, with a view to banking or investment banking?
Original post by mrlittlebigman
What about an Economics and Finance degree, with a view to banking or investment banking?

I’ve heard banking is haram as I am Muslim and uses lots of interest which isn’t permissible and what kind of job you think hedge fund ib accounting financial controlling and thoughts on tech???

Also what are you currently doing in a job uni or sixth form and what year???
Original post by Brianstudy01
I’ve heard banking is haram as I am Muslim and uses lots of interest which isn’t permissible and what kind of job you think hedge fund ib accounting financial controlling and thoughts on tech???

I don't know much about those areas you mention. I mentioned them as finance will probably get you 6 figures you mentioned. However, as you mention your religion, I think perhaps look to medicine and GP/Consultant level to get to your 6 figures. You seem to want a high paying job/career, but I think your religion is going to be in conflict with this.
I don't know much about those areas you mention. I mentioned them as finance will probably get you 6 figures you mentioned. However, as you mention your religion, I think perhaps look to medicine and GP/Consultant level to get to your 6 figures. You seem to want a high paying job/career, but I think your religion is going to be in conflict with this.

What about tech

Quick Reply

Latest