The Student Room Group

Someone else looked at my paper and I got in trouble

Yesterday, I was sitting my geography paper 1. 20 minutes before the end of the exam, the guy in front of me turns around and blatantly starts looking at my paper - I used an extra piece of paper to finish one of my questions - I tried signalling with my hands for him to turn around. Then 5 minutes later, the invigilator comes over and talks to me and says 'if I see you trying to communicate and aid someone again, I will make sure your disqualified from the exam.' I didn't accept that I was getting in trouble for his actions so i said to the invigilator that 'I didn't help him, he was looking at my paper, why are you blaming me?' The invigilator then just looked dumbfounded and didn't say anything. After the exam finished none of the invigilators came up to me or anything. What do I do, was I in the wrong for responding how I did, because I think I might have been a bit aggressive.
oh mann i feel u that's the worst moment being accused of something.if i was u then i'd tell the invigilator about what happened so next time the guy gets a close watch by them.just tell them what happened and no u weren't wrong but tell them if that happens next time good luck with next week!
Yes like @useless-student said it will be a good idea to tell the invigilator, might also give you some relief 🙂
Original post by D4wud_H4que
Yesterday, I was sitting my geography paper 1. 20 minutes before the end of the exam, the guy in front of me turns around and blatantly starts looking at my paper - I used an extra piece of paper to finish one of my questions - I tried signalling with my hands for him to turn around. Then 5 minutes later, the invigilator comes over and talks to me and says 'if I see you trying to communicate and aid someone again, I will make sure your disqualified from the exam.' I didn't accept that I was getting in trouble for his actions so i said to the invigilator that 'I didn't help him, he was looking at my paper, why are you blaming me?' The invigilator then just looked dumbfounded and didn't say anything. After the exam finished none of the invigilators came up to me or anything. What do I do, was I in the wrong for responding how I did, because I think I might have been a bit aggressive.

omg that is SO BAD!! you defo should get moved away from that guy, but like make sure they catch him in the act first !!
Reply 4
Original post by useless-student
oh mann i feel u that's the worst moment being accused of something.if i was u then i'd tell the invigilator about what happened so next time the guy gets a close watch by them.just tell them what happened and no u weren't wrong but tell them if that happens next time good luck with next week!

I would tell the invigilators but the one that came up to me was the head invigilator... and also was i wrong for my response?
Reply 5
I would tell the invigilators but the one that came up to me was the head invigilator... and also was i wrong for my response?

Personally, your response was fine and not aggressive from what I see, you told them that you were not in the wrong. You should go to the head invigilator or someone you trust (like a teacher) and firmly tell them that the guy was in the wrong, don't let any emotions voice themselves.

It is the invigilators' job to watch out for these types of things. In my opinion, they should not be allowed to disqualify you. Hope you do well in the rest of your exams!
Reply 6
Original post by earth.b
Personally, your response was fine and not aggressive from what I see, you told them that you were not in the wrong. You should go to the head invigilator or someone you trust (like a teacher) and firmly tell them that the guy was in the wrong, don't let any emotions voice themselves.
It is the invigilators' job to watch out for these types of things. In my opinion, they should not be allowed to disqualify you. Hope you do well in the rest of your exams!

Thank you will do that tmrw, i'll talk to my Head of yr
Reply 7
Thank you will do that tmrw, i'll talk to my Head of yr

That is great! I hope it goes okay.
@D4wud_H4que man ur over stressing don't worry what happened is now gone!

Quick Reply