The Student Room Group

Student Accommodation Payment due before Maintenance Payout?

Hi! I am starting university in September and I have since noticed that looking at my accommodation offer that my payments are due in BEFORE my maintenance loan is set to pay into my account? This is confusing me because I am unsure what to do as I definitely won’t have the amount casually sitting around, does anyone have any advice on how to fix or work around this issue? Thank you!
Original post by coreyupcroft
Hi! I am starting university in September and I have since noticed that looking at my accommodation offer that my payments are due in BEFORE my maintenance loan is set to pay into my account? This is confusing me because I am unsure what to do as I definitely won’t have the amount casually sitting around, does anyone have any advice on how to fix or work around this issue? Thank you!

Most unis halls require a deposit before the term starts and then the first instalment around the time you receive your maintenance loan. Ask family if they can help with the deposit. If your uni is asking for a significant amount in advance, contact them and see if you can align your payments with your loan.

Quick Reply