The Student Room Group

English Language IGCSE Edexcel predictions + revision help!

Hey guys! Does anyone any predictions for the non-fiction anthology text for paper 1 next week? Also share your revision tips + tricks for English Lang!
Original post by wrigam2021
Hey guys! Does anyone any predictions for the non-fiction anthology text for paper 1 next week? Also share your revision tips + tricks for English Lang!

Hi, pretty sure it's not gonna be young & dyslexic or game of polo
Reply 2
Original post by Cricketplayer
Hi, pretty sure it's not gonna be young & dyslexic or game of polo

Ok! I’ve heard people saying it could be danger of a single story but my teacher said it could be young + dyslexic because the author passed away recently and it hasn’t come up frequently
Ok! I’ve heard people saying it could be danger of a single story but my teacher said it could be young + dyslexic because the author passed away recently and it hasn’t come up frequently

what about journey into bhutan? i think that’s up there too right?
Reply 4
Original post by samstudysesh13
what about journey into bhutan? i think that’s up there too right?

Yeah that also! I think it’s gonna either be Bhutan, single story, y+d or passage to Africa
Yeah that also! I think it’s gonna either be Bhutan, single story, y+d or passage to Africa

y+d is young and dyslexic right? but wasn’t there a recent paper on it
Reply 6
Original post by samstudysesh13
y+d is young and dyslexic right? but wasn’t there a recent paper on it

Yea it is, was there? Our teacher showed us a sheet that says it’s only come up once. I’m not sure if that’s counting the regional papers tho
Yea it is, was there? Our teacher showed us a sheet that says it’s only come up once. I’m not sure if that’s counting the regional papers tho

ohh yea last time it came up it was june 2023 regional paper
Young and dyslexic came twice in the last 2 years, hence i doubt it'll appear again. I have a strong feeling it'll be A danger of a single story

Danger of a single story is most likely, then Bhutan and then Explorers or Boys
(edited 2 months ago)

Passage to Africa was used in June 2023, and Young and dyslexic was on the R paper that year as well
Reply 11
Original post by Hannah_Hodgson
Passage to Africa was used in June 2023, and Young and dyslexic was on the R paper that year as well

Ok thanks! I hope it’s gonna be danger of a single story

Quick Reply