The Student Room Group

Is Arden University or Open University better?

Hi everyone,

I am a student who wants to do BSc Accounting and Finance for 3 years but I don't know which one is better.

I have seen on their websites that the Open University is triple accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB) the European Quality Improvement System (EQUIS), and Association of MBAs (AMBA). The Arden University degree is accredited by the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA), the Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA), and the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ICAEW) and he Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA).

If anyone knows which one is better please, tell me. I am confused because I have seen many bad reviews about these distance learning Universities.
I can't speak for Arden, but my experience with the OU has been very good so far (I study Physics).

I think this will come down to picking the accredited degree which is required for the most common job roles you will be applying for post graduation.
Original post by 12234521
Hi everyone,
I am a student who wants to do BSc Accounting and Finance for 3 years but I don't know which one is better.
I have seen on their websites that the Open University is triple accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB) the European Quality Improvement System (EQUIS), and Association of MBAs (AMBA). The Arden University degree is accredited by the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA), the Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA), and the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ICAEW) and he Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA).
If anyone knows which one is better please, tell me. I am confused because I have seen many bad reviews about these distance learning Universities.

@12234521
Hello! Both excellent universities!

I did my MSc Psychology conversion at Arden, building on 10 years of teaching experience myself in FE and HE so I know the sector well. For my course, there was the option of blended learning (London, Birmingham, Manchester etc) or 100% online and there was a flexible payment option, where you paid per unit which really helped me progress. The Virtual Learning Environment was great, with lots of easy access to journals.

For any provider, check out their report against the Teaching Excellence Framework which should be readily available online. The Office for Students oversee quality in H.E these days (it used to be QAA)

Marc
Arden University Student Ambassador

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending