The Student Room Group

Dropping all of my A2 courses halfway through the academic year

Hi guys,
I know this is a bit unorthodox but basically I did ok in my AS level (B Maths, A Bio, A Physics, A Chem) and have already been accepted/offered a position at my future university and have no need for full A levels. I would like to drop out of year 13 in school and work full time instead to save up money for uni. The thing is that it is already halfway through my academic year that I make this decision. Would Cambridge allow for this decision? Please advise me on this.
Thank you very much for your help. Max
Original post by maxnguyen
Hi guys,
I know this is a bit unorthodox but basically I did ok in my AS level (B Maths, A Bio, A Physics, A Chem) and have already been accepted/offered a position at my future university and have no need for full A levels. I would like to drop out of year 13 in school and work full time instead to save up money for uni. The thing is that it is already halfway through my academic year that I make this decision. Would Cambridge allow for this decision? Please advise me on this.
Thank you very much for your help. Max

What does your offer say in terms of educational qualifications?
(edited 3 weeks ago)
It would be very unusual for Cambridge to make an unconditional offer to someone who hadn’t got A Levels and normally you are required to let them know of any potential change in your educational circumstances.

So you need to check exactly what the terms of your offer say and contact the admissions office to double check you won’t be forfeiting your offer.
Reply 3
Thank you for your suggestion. What if I say I have some personal matters that would affect the rest of my academic year so I won’t be present at school, what would they say then? Surely Cambridge won’t force me to complete my A2 level then.
Reply 4
Original post by BankaiGintoki
What does your offer say in terms of educational qualifications?

Thank you for your reply. It is very simple actually. I just need to get a D or higher in AS Maths and E or higher in AS English lit and lang. (which I got a C, not too proud of that one). My university already offered me a position with preferential entry ( basically I’m guaranteed) and I already accepted. I’ll have to check again with them what if I don’t complete my A2 course.
Original post by maxnguyen
Thank you for your reply. It is very simple actually. I just need to get a D or higher in AS Maths and E or higher in AS English lit and lang. (which I got a C, not too proud of that one). My university already offered me a position with preferential entry ( basically I’m guaranteed) and I already accepted. I’ll have to check again with them what if I don’t complete my A2 course.

Can you say your course and university so I can check course entry requirement? I just find that university accepting you for only As level may be a mistake in you misinterpreting the offer.
(edited 3 weeks ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending