The Student Room Group

AQA A level Chemistry Paper 3 (7405/3) - 21st June 2024 [Exam Chat]

Scroll to see replies

Does anyone have Tyrion Papers, AQA A Level Chemistry? Please I cant afford it
Do you guys recommend doing the multiple choice questions that are worth 30 marks in section B at the very start of the exam or doing them after doing section A?
Original post by principal-ontolo
Do you guys recommend doing the multiple choice questions that are worth 30 marks in section B at the very start of the exam or doing them after doing section A?

i'd prob do them after section A, skimming thru them to see which ones are easy and which ones have more steps (e.g. would be 3/4 marks if it wasn't multiple choice), then do the straightforward ones first. i think they are videos on yt/tt that talk abt multiple choice strategy
Original post by reubenn05
i'd prob do them after section A, skimming thru them to see which ones are easy and which ones have more steps (e.g. would be 3/4 marks if it wasn't multiple choice), then do the straightforward ones first. i think they are videos on yt/tt that talk abt multiple choice strategy

Thank you! And I’ll check those videos out too :smile:
Reply 24
Original post by Talkative Toad
Yeah 3 days does seem too close to me.

Like! Why did they just pack all the Sciences at the end like that?
Original post by Zhezi
Like! Why did they just pack all the Sciences at the end like that?

I have no idea
I have no idea

They do this every year...they believe that we STEM students benefir from an "extra month" of revsion as if you do bio, chem maths you dont start exams until june

but in reality they're causing the next generation of depression

Thank God I chose a humanity subject and I've already done all 3 papers
Original post by halfharry
They do this every year...they believe that we STEM students benefir from an "extra month" of revsion as if you do bio, chem maths you dont start exams until june

I can see why the exams start in June, it’s the fact that paper 2&3 are 3 days apart is what I don’t understand
I can see why the exams start in June, it’s the fact that paper 2&3 are 3 days apart is what I don’t understand

because youll have revised all of the content for paper 1 and 2, so it makes sense to do it whilst everything is still fresh in your head. also for aqa at least chem paper 3 is literally the last exam theyre doing (i think?) so i guess they just couldnt put it any later

i think its more because humanities subjects will take much longer to mark (i personally wouldve preferred longer to revise humanities LOL) :smile:
Original post by xXChemistreighXx
i think its more because humanities subjects will take much longer to mark (i personally wouldve preferred longer to revise humanities LOL) :smile:

never thought of it that way!!

the stress is definitely getting to me now😭😭

What subjects do u do?
Reply 31

All of my subjects are STEM subjects.

I had 1 exam before the half term and then 11 papers after the half term and an admissions test outside of those 11 papers. In the first week of June, I had 8 hours of Maths exams.

3 hours for Further Maths (2 papers), normal A level Maths, and then STEP (admissions test that is 3 hours long).

I also have two doubles this year - Computing and Chemistry on the same day. Paper 1s for both subjects happened on Monday this week. Paper 2s for both subjects, next week Tuesday.
Reply 32
Original post by xXChemistreighXx
because youll have revised all of the content for paper 1 and 2, so it makes sense to do it whilst everything is still fresh in your head. also for aqa at least chem paper 3 is literally the last exam theyre doing (i think?) so i guess they just couldnt put it any later

There is Further Mechanics 2 for Edexcel that is happening on 24th I believe? I don't do it, but I know people who are.
Original post by vnayak
There is Further Mechanics 2 for Edexcel that is happening on 24th I believe? I don't do it, but I know people who are.

yes - fm modules are one of the only things different between exam boards, so they tend to put them all over the place. for most subjects all papers are the same time across exam boards and aqa doesnt have the 2nd fm options like edexcel so i dont think they have any exams on the 24th
Reply 34
Original post by principal-ontolo
Hello! Just to introduce myself I'm principal-ontolo and I'm aiming for a grade A in chemistry; I created this discussion page for AQA A level chemistry paper 3 in specific so feel free to ask any related questions pre or post exam so we can all help each other out 😁 Introduce yourself & perhaps start with what grade you're aiming for, how revision is going and any strengths/weaknesses! Good luck to everyone sitting exams and I hope for the best!!
General Information
Date/Time: 21st June 2024 / AM
Length: 2 hours
Element code: 7405/3
Content: All topics
Specification link: https://www.aqa.org.uk/subjects/science/as-and-a-level/chemistry-7404-7405/specification-at-a-glance

Now that the first two papers are over, does this mean that we have a better idea of which topics will come up in paper 3?
Any predictions for paper 3? I need help my paper 1 and 2 were not great
Original post by Eluke173
Any predictions for paper 3? I need help my paper 1 and 2 were not great

https://youtu.be/OfyhmQaK6lE?si=qbGDzWOVLGffmYC
Also make sure you know your practicals inside out do every single past paper and flashcards any questions you get wrong try and get at least 25/30 in multiple choice good luck
Dont think there was much on carboxylic acids and derivatives on P2, there will 100% be:

Amino acids/DNA

Chromatography
On paper 3

hey guys, lets make a list together on required practicals that haven't come up.
RP12- Chromatography
RP8 - Ecells
RP3- How rate changes with temperature
RP7 - initial rates and continuous monitoring
can't remember what also,
aslo we haven't been tested on Gibbs Graph or Arrhenius Graph so im guessing one could come up
Original post by mfish894
hey guys, lets make a list together on required practicals that haven't come up.
RP12- Chromatography
RP8 - Ecells
RP3- How rate changes with temperature
RP7 - initial rates and continuous monitoring
can't remember what also,
aslo we haven't been tested on Gibbs Graph or Arrhenius Graph so im guessing one could come up

amino acids and arrhenius deffo comming up...the examiners can't sleep each year w/o putting a q on each

also idk why but i feel like they're gonna make us draw DNA moecules

Quick Reply