The Student Room Group

AQA A level Chemistry Paper 3 (7405/3) - 21st June 2024 [Exam Chat]

Scroll to see replies

Why is chemistry grade boundaries so high man. It was 250 last year and i feel like it's impossible for me to get that high and my teacher says it might be even higher which is insane to me. I feel like i did decent on paper 1 and 2 but the small mistakes will build up and i'll likely get an A with a few marks off from A star. This sucks 😭
Original post by 43Explosion
Why is chemistry grade boundaries so high man. It was 250 last year and i feel like it's impossible for me to get that high and my teacher says it might be even higher which is insane to me. I feel like i did decent on paper 1 and 2 but the small mistakes will build up and i'll likely get an A with a few marks off from A star. This sucks 😭

last year's paper was too easy...i used to think what ur thinking but honestly last years paper was easy

in previous years it has remained at 80% which is quite normal for an A* in subjects (for example i do econ and the grade boundary for an A* is 80%)

Original post by halfharry
last year's paper was too easy...i used to think what ur thinking but honestly last years paper was easy

in previous years it has remained at 80% which is quite normal for an A* in subjects (for example i do econ and the grade boundary for an A* is 80%)

I can only hope bro. I am predicting that i got around 90 for paper 1 and then 70-75 for paper 2 so i really need to score high on this paper 3 like 80 at least but i honestly might be cooked.

I think generally this year has been harder so hopefully it goes down to 80%.
Because of no arrhenius, could there be a iodine clock practical?
Original post by 43Explosion
I can only hope bro. I am predicting that i got around 90 for paper 1 and then 70-75 for paper 2 so i really need to score high on this paper 3 like 80 at least but i honestly might be cooked.
I think generally this year has been harder so hopefully it goes down to 80%.

U recon an A will stay or drop aswell by ike 2-3%, chem mmy worst subject and paper 2 humbled me
Original post by mmuhammad20004
U recon an A will stay or drop aswell by ike 2-3%, chem mmy worst subject and paper 2 humbled me

Yeah if A star drops then A will as well
Reply 46
Guys whats the best way to revise for paper 3? Is it mainly practical methods/topics that are assessed in the 60 mark section ? Got 75~ on both papers so I need a strong paper 3 to chill after exams
Original post by yunaht1
Guys whats the best way to revise for paper 3? Is it mainly practical methods/topics that are assessed in the 60 mark section ? Got 75~ on both papers so I need a strong paper 3 to chill after exams

I've been watching Dr de Bruin they have a playlist on how to answer exam questions relating to each practical. They seem pretty good from what I've seen so far.
https://www.youtube.com/@DrdeBruinsClassroom
Original post by hbanksyy
Because of no arrhenius, could there be a iodine clock practical?

why no Arrhenius?
Original post by starmoon_
why no Arrhenius?

Idk ask AQA, wasnt in paper 2
Original post by hbanksyy
Idk ask AQA, wasnt in paper 2

It can come up in paper 3 as it didn’t in paper 2
Reply 51
How does everyone go about revising practicals?
How does everyone go about revising practicals?

do qs on them...
Original post by AspiringSurvivor
It can come up in paper 3 as it didn’t in paper 2

Yeah ik that, I was mentioning that earlier.

I didn't specify very well but I meant that because Arrhenius wasn't in paper 2, there's a chance that the iodine clock experiment could come up, linking to the Arrhenius equation, in paper 3.

Sorry for the confusion
does anyone remember the practicals that came up in paper 1 and 2
Original post by evies2657
does anyone remember the practicals that came up in paper 1 and 2

This vid does a pretty good job of explaining what has and hasnt come up yet:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zb0z8YTn3cw&t=230s
Guys does anyone think nmr could potentially come up again
Original post by ninsbeanz
Guys does anyone think nmr could potentially come up again

I think there's basically no chance since there was so much of it in paper 2. Maybe some IR though?
Wait so is paper 3 just things that have not come up ??
And so there no point in doing any past papers

Quick Reply