The Student Room Group

Student Finance

I applied for a maintenance loan and went to check my account two days later and they had given me the base loan of 4k and a bit which I found really weird as I come from a single-income family whereas my friends with dual-income families had higher maintenance loans. I was just wondering if that was the final amount or if it was subject to change as they assess my household financials?
(edited 1 month ago)
Original post by steph.ee
I applied for a maintenance loan and went to check my account two days later and they had given me the base loan of 4k and a bit which I found really weird as I come from a single-income family whereas my friends with dual-income families had higher maintenance loans. I was just wondering if that was the final amount or if it was subject to change as they assess my household financials?

This is normal. You are awarded the minimum loan first to ensure some funding is in place for the start of your course. The amount will be revised once your household income is assessed.
Reply 2
Original post by normaw
This is normal. You are awarded the minimum loan first to ensure some funding is in place for the start of your course. The amount will be revised once your household income is assessed.

do u get an email saying when it has been assessed?
Original post by steph.ee
do u get an email saying when it has been assessed?

Yes - you should receive an email. It's currently taking around 26 working days to process evidence.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/sfe-current-application-timescales

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending