The Student Room Group

English Paper 2025 Predictions - GCSE Pearson Edexcel

Hi! I'm doing my GCSEs in 2025 and I was wondering if anyone has any predictions for what may come up next year.
I am doing Jekyll and Hyde, Inspector Calls, Romeo and Juliet, and Relationships for poetry.

Any predictions for other texts will be great! My school is doing A Christmas Carol for the lower sets and I've got friends doing Macbeth and Conflict for poetry.
(edited 1 month ago)
Original post by earth.b
Hi! I'm doing my GCSEs in 2025 and I was wondering if anyone has any predictions for what may come up next year.
I am doing Jekyll and Hyde, Inspector Calls, Romeo and Juliet, and Relationships for poetry.
Any predictions for other texts will be great! My school is doing A Christmas Carol for the lower sets and I've got friends doing Macbeth and Conflict for poetry.

About to do a J+H exam so I’ll let you know about that after. As for Macbeth, kingship betrayal and supernatural haven’t come up in quite a while
Reply 2
Original post by CurlyNerd
About to do a J+H exam so I’ll let you know about that after. As for Macbeth, kingship betrayal and supernatural haven’t come up in quite a while

Thank you!
Original post by earth.b
Thank you!

So the extract that came up was lanyon, and the overall text question was about death.

If I had to guess, an utterson extract with a question about suspicion would be my prediction, but don’t rely on predictions too heavily they’re often not accurate 😅

Quick Reply