The Student Room Group

Is a CREST Gold Project a helpful supercurricular?

hey,
im thinking of completing one related to physics but am unsure of what its like and what to do it on? is it worth the time and effort? also i cannot ask my teacher to be a mentor so can individuals request STEM Ambassadors?

any advice from someone who has gone through this would be super helpful!! thanks
Original post by Nat4695
hey,
im thinking of completing one related to physics but am unsure of what its like and what to do it on? is it worth the time and effort? also i cannot ask my teacher to be a mentor so can individuals request STEM Ambassadors?
any advice from someone who has gone through this would be super helpful!! thanks
Hi,
The CREST award is very helpful for a talking point in uni interviews to showcase interest in a subject and research skills, but it won’t give any extra UCAS tariff points or lowered offers.

If you are already doing an EPQ, focus on this ideally as it will be enough. The CREST award is a little time consuming.

To my knowledge, yes, you can choose a science teacher from your school as your mentor.

Check out the CREST award website FAQs for ideas about what format of project is accepted and ideas about what you could do the project on.

Quick Reply