The Student Room Group

Need help - struggling with weight loss!

I am 15 years old, female, 64kg, and 155cm tall. I started going to the gym in November 2023 and paused my membership in April 2024. I have been going gym for 6 months!!!! I focused on weight machines for my upper body and cardio, going to the gym three times a week for an hour over six months. Despite this, I see no difference - my stomach and thighs look the same, and my weight fluctuates between 63-66kg.

I have many digestive problems, but getting diagnosed has been hard because the GPs around me are unhelpful. I can't have lactose, and I suspect I struggle to digest other foods too. I bloat a lot, even with small amounts of food, making my stomach look very enlarged.

Despite this, I've been eating extremely healthy for a long time. I drink 2 litres of water daily, eat my 5 a day, include lots of vegetables in my meals, and consume around 1300 calories (I have a small appetite). I almost never eat snacks or processed sugary foods and drink a cup of warm water every morning and night. I go to the toilet three times a day (before breakfast, after breakfast, and after dinner).

I don’t understand why I can’t lose weight. I’ve been consistent for so long, and it's discouraging to see no changes, especially with summer approaching. Please help - I don’t know what else to do, I feel like I have just wasted half a year. :frown:
Hi there! Hope you are well. To start off I will mention that everybody's body is different so find something that works for you but also something that you like to do. Mental health plays a role into it as well. One thing that helped me lose some weight is stop focusing at the numbers and being comfortable in my own skin as I started to enjoy going out and exercising. Another thing I did was I went for a jog (however much you can) and the aim of each time you go for a run try and get a little better than your last jog. Whether it's slightly faster and slightly longer its the little improvements that matter! Another thing you could try is joining a sports club, I fell in love with basketball and it is a great laugh and brill exercise. Trust me when I say you haven't wasted half a year. You have made some great habits and whether or not you can see it you have improved. Trust the process and don't put yourself under too much pressure. :smile:

Quick Reply