The Student Room Group
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website

im not too sure what to pick between

im thinking of going to ntu, and i don't know what to pick between, software development, Computer science, and just general computing, my knowledge of general computing is pretty high, but my programming skills are mediocre, which of these options will be best for my future in a career of it
Original post by shizonyournan
im thinking of going to ntu, and i don't know what to pick between, software development, Computer science, and just general computing, my knowledge of general computing is pretty high, but my programming skills are mediocre, which of these options will be best for my future in a career of it

Hi 👋

Great to hear you're interested in studying at NTU.

All 3 courses are great choices and I think it might ultimately come down to your career aspirations and the portfolio of work you want to build. You'll have support and opportunities on each course to help develop your programming skills during your time here if that's an area you lack confidence in. Additionally, our Software Engineering and Computer Science courses share a common first year, allowing you the flexibility to review your pathway once you've started studying if that helps with your decision.

If you haven't already, I'd recommend attending one of our upcoming open days where you'll be able to visit our campuses, attend course talks and speak to staff and students from each course to help you decide which is the right one for you.

Best wishes,
Gurpreet - NTU Rep
(edited 1 month ago)
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website

Quick Reply