The Student Room Group

Maths GCSE

Would I still get marks if I got the answer but didn’t put it in the designated area? (Answer Box)
(edited 1 month ago)
Reply 1
Original post by Bromo21076
Would I still get marks if I got the answer but didn’t put it in the designated area? (Answer Box)

The examiner sees the entire page that is scanned , so if they see that your last piece of working out is the answer - then you MIGHT get the last mark on the mark scheme
Reply 2

Usually the last mark on the mark scheme is for the answer - so u might not get that mark
Reply 3
Original post by iby08
Usually the last mark on the mark scheme is for the answer - so u might not get that mark

I was just wondering if I would get some marks for my working out because I’m not sure how the mark scheme works
Reply 4
I'd probably say no. The final mark is the answer mark. If you've not left it in the answer box they don't know that that was your final answer or if you just got stuck.
Reply 5
I was just wondering if I would get some marks for my working out because I’m not sure how the mark scheme works

As long as your working out is correct and clear - you should get some marks for that

Quick Reply