The Student Room Group

Is a level physics, biology and maths a bad combo?

I’m making my final decision for a levels rn to start this september and so far i have picked biology chemistry and maths. But the thing is I hate chemistry so much like, i have hated it for so long and it’s not even like im bad at it it’s just so boring for me. I really love biology and maths tho so im definitely doing those and i have been thinking about it and i rlly like physics too, but Idk what kind of career choices that could lead to it seems like a strange combo to me? I’m not interested in medical stuff so could these be an okay combo?
Reply 1
I think those are great combos except I'm doing them bio and maths and trust me its so hard like I love all these subjects and thought it would be easy for me as someone who got nearly all 9s in gcse but them bio and maths are the worst, depends on ur spec tho
Reply 2
chem*
Reply 3
Original post by cemfl
I’m making my final decision for a levels rn to start this september and so far i have picked biology chemistry and maths. But the thing is I hate chemistry so much like, i have hated it for so long and it’s not even like im bad at it it’s just so boring for me. I really love biology and maths tho so im definitely doing those and i have been thinking about it and i rlly like physics too, but Idk what kind of career choices that could lead to it seems like a strange combo to me? I’m not interested in medical stuff so could these be an okay combo?

i think this is a good combination, it may be a little bit intense but i guess that's what a levels are
whatever you do, do not do a subject you hate
a levels are tough and doing a subject you hate on top of that is just going to make it worse
Reply 4
Original post by diaaaa
I think those are great combos except I'm doing them bio and maths and trust me its so hard like I love all these subjects and thought it would be easy for me as someone who got nearly all 9s in gcse but them bio and maths are the worst, depends on ur spec tho
Thanks 😅 I was just thinking like maybe physics and maths are a bit too different to do without chemistry as well :-0

Quick Reply