The Student Room Group

My son sleeps

Hi All,

My son sleeps all the time. He is in year 12. He has exams in less than a month. He has already wasted lot of time. He is not even going to school these regularly. He is addicted to mobile. As a parent I am worried. I am frustrated.

Regards
P
How’s he been doing at school? I sleep a lot also but I do quite good in my studies phahaha
Reply 2
He is not good with his studies.
Original post by pratap1980
He is not good with his studies.

I think you should try and get him to go to school all of the time. Lots of sleep is good for the body and the mind, but you should try to get him to go to school all the time and ease him into revison by getting him to do about 30 minutes a day to start, and congratulate him when he does 30 minutes
Original post by pratap1980
Hi All,
My son sleeps all the time. He is in year 12. He has exams in less than a month. He has already wasted lot of time. He is not even going to school these regularly. He is addicted to mobile. As a parent I am worried. I am frustrated.
Regards
P

Hi @pratap1980 ,

I know this could be a hard time, not understanding completely why your son is not acting the way you'd hope.
I know a couple people who sleep a lot for multiple reasons, I'd suggest trying to explain why it's not only important to you but to him why it is important to be up and addictive for the exams. I'd also suggest that it could be something more than what meets the surface, maybe something is going on at school, that might be a reason he is avoiding going to school.

I hope everything gets resolved soon.

Wishing you the best
Kaprice R [3rd Year - BSc (Hons) Forensic Science]
LSBU Rep
Have you contacted the school... has the school contacted you?
(BTW he can't be sleeping 'all the time' *and* 'addicted to his phone'. It would worth thinking about exactly what is going on eg is he staying awake late because he's on his phone and then sleeping well into the morning... or afternoon... of the next day)
How did Y11 go when he had even more important exams? Is this behaviour which isn't working well for his studies something new?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending