The Student Room Group

A level choices

Hey guys I have just selected my a level options and chose : phycology, biology and pe.
Anyone take these and if so how do u find them.
I also struggle w adhd so I struggle with rlly content heavy and fast paced subjects so any advice would be great 😊
Reply 1
Original post by Lucyfowler
Hey guys I have just selected my a level options and chose : phycology, biology and pe.
Anyone take these and if so how do u find them.
I also struggle w adhd so I struggle with rlly content heavy and fast paced subjects so any advice would be great 😊

I take A level psychology and I can tell you now that it is a very content heavy subject. You'll have to put a lot of energy and time into memorising the content to get top grades. I wouldn't say its difficult to comprehend, but you may struggle with some sections more than others (e.g. if you struggle with maths and statistics, you may find research methods difficult or if you struggle more with sciences, you might struggle with topics like biopsychology and the biological approach). If you struggle with content heavy subjects, I don't think that psychology or biology will be well suited to you, but it doesn't hurt to try. Most schools will offer induction days (or something similar) for you to gain some insight into what each subject entails and the A level course content. I'd recommend going to those if you haven't already. You also may be able to change your subjects in the first few weeks of Year 12, so I wouldn't fixate on whether this is the right or wrong option for now, unless you don't think you'll enjoy the subject from the start. I would look more into the specifications for each subject.
Reply 2
I take biology, i'm in year 12 so i may have different opinions about it compared to a year 13 but i adore it, it is very content heavy and can be fast paced so watch out for that however i do think thats similar for most a-levels. I think its really enjoyable which has helped me because i actually want to study and revise it which i think is a problem a lot of people face, they just choose it because they cant think of anything else to pick so they dont revise. Make sure you watch out for the markschemes though, i had an extremely humbling immunology paper where i forgot to focus on the mark scheme and just wrote whatever came to mind, so yeh don't do that :')

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending