The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough

International relations Loughborough university

I’m so excited to go Loughborough university to study international relations if I get good grades hopefully!!

Just very nervous about results day and not getting accepted.

How’s the experience at Loughborough studying IR? I have been to visit it’s really lovely!
Original post by Anonymous
I’m so excited to go Loughborough university to study international relations if I get good grades hopefully!!
Just very nervous about results day and not getting accepted.
How’s the experience at Loughborough studying IR? I have been to visit it’s really lovely!

Hi there,

Great to hear you are planning on coming to Loughborough! 🙂

Unfortunately I don't study International Relations so can't give you any specifics about the course. You most likely have already looked at the course page but if you haven't, it is full of useful information about the course including what modules you will study each year, placement/study abroad opportunities and future career opportunities.

I can give you some insight into Loughborough in general: Loughborough is very much a student town and as you are on a campus it has such a strong community feel- I really love this as you tend to see a lot of people you know. People are really friendly and I have met some great friends. The facilities at Loughborough are amazing- particularly for sport but also for academics. During the week most social events happens on campus through the Student Union. For example, at the union there tend to be 2 nights out in the week (Wednesday and Friday) and events during the day which differ week to week. Take a look at our student union website for more insight here. At the weekends more seems to happen off campus. In town (which is walking distance from campus) there are multiple pubs, bars, cafe's, restaurants and nightclubs which tend to be full of students at the weekend. If we fancy a bigger city night out we tend to go to either Nottingham or Leicester on the train as they are both approximately 20 minutes away. The train station isn't far from campus and there is a campus shuttle which goes to the station.

I hope this helps. If you have any questions please do ask 🙂

Alex
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough
Reply 2
Original post by Loughborough Student Community
Hi there,
Great to hear you are planning on coming to Loughborough! 🙂
Unfortunately I don't study International Relations so can't give you any specifics about the course. You most likely have already looked at the course page but if you haven't, it is full of useful information about the course including what modules you will study each year, placement/study abroad opportunities and future career opportunities.
I can give you some insight into Loughborough in general: Loughborough is very much a student town and as you are on a campus it has such a strong community feel- I really love this as you tend to see a lot of people you know. People are really friendly and I have met some great friends. The facilities at Loughborough are amazing- particularly for sport but also for academics. During the week most social events happens on campus through the Student Union. For example, at the union there tend to be 2 nights out in the week (Wednesday and Friday) and events during the day which differ week to week. Take a look at our student union website for more insight here. At the weekends more seems to happen off campus. In town (which is walking distance from campus) there are multiple pubs, bars, cafe's, restaurants and nightclubs which tend to be full of students at the weekend. If we fancy a bigger city night out we tend to go to either Nottingham or Leicester on the train as they are both approximately 20 minutes away. The train station isn't far from campus and there is a campus shuttle which goes to the station.
I hope this helps. If you have any questions please do ask 🙂
Alex

what’s a day in the life of a general student there? Like how many hours of the course do you do and then like how many hours do u get alone to study?
Original post by Anonymous
what’s a day in the life of a general student there? Like how many hours of the course do you do and then like how many hours do u get alone to study?

Hi there,

Every student's day is different depending on what course you take. Generally you will have more time for independent study then contact time.

I study Psychology and a typical day for me would likely include a 2 hour lecture and a 1 hour seminar and 3-5 hours of independent study. I tend to structure my day as a 9-5 so I slot in individual study time around my lectures, seminars, tutorials etc. Every day is different, for example, some days I will have a full day of lectures and some days will be entirely individual study and this depends on your individual timetable.

Hope that helps 🙂

Alex

Quick Reply