The Student Room Group

Difference between AQA A Level Further Maths paper 1 and paper 2

I have been doing some aqa a level further maths paper 1 and paper 2, they are both pure papers and I can't figure out what is the difference between them. Are the topics being examined in these two papers are exactly the same?

I am having my a level futher maths paper 1 this wednesday and apparently I have not finished all the paper 2 past paper so I am feeling a bit anxious. Can someone please help? Thanks a lot!!
Reply 1
I don’ t take AQA further maths but I do edexcel and they are supposed to be very similar. I think that the topics are the same on both AQA papers (I use them sometimes to revise from and I haven’t noticed a difference either). I know that the two edexcel papers are the same. I guess I can’t give you a certain answer but hope it makes you feel a bit better :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by Hannah-aa
I have been doing some aqa a level further maths paper 1 and paper 2, they are both pure papers and I can't figure out what is the difference between them. Are the topics being examined in these two papers are exactly the same?
I am having my a level futher maths paper 1 this wednesday and apparently I have not finished all the paper 2 past paper so I am feeling a bit anxious. Can someone please help? Thanks a lot!!

Nah they'll most likely be different, both papers are pure but whatever topics didnt come up today are likely to be on paper 2 cuz we have 4 hours of pure

Quick Reply