The Student Room Group
Students relax outside, University of Surrey
University of Surrey
Guildford

Surrey Social Life

I have recently firmed my offer from Loughborough and put Surrey as my backup. I like both universities quite a lot especially regarding my chosen course which is psychology.
I am just wondering that if I end up at Surrey, how the social life is like?
I know that there are clubs to join but I am more curious about students overall experience with friends and going out etc in comparison to social life at Loughborough?
Many thanks.
Original post by izabella123
I have recently firmed my offer from Loughborough and put Surrey as my backup. I like both universities quite a lot especially regarding my chosen course which is psychology.
I am just wondering that if I end up at Surrey, how the social life is like?
I know that there are clubs to join but I am more curious about students overall experience with friends and going out etc in comparison to social life at Loughborough?
Many thanks.

Hi @izabella123 ,

Great to hear you have firmed Loughborough! 🙂

I study Psychology at Loughborough so if you have any questions regarding the course I am more then happy to help (I really enjoy it!)

I can give you some insight into Loughborough to help give some background of the overall student experience.

Loughborough is very much a student town and as you are on a campus it has such a strong community feel- I really love this as you tend to see a lot of people around that you know. People are really friendly and I have met some great friends. I have met people through a variety of ways including through sport, my halls and my course.

The facilities at Loughborough are amazing- particularly for sport but also for academics. During the week most social events happen on campus through the Student Union. For example, at the union there tend to be 2 nights out in the week (Wednesday and Friday) and events during the day which differ week to week. Take a look at our student union website for more insight here. At the weekends more seems to happen off campus. In town (which is walking distance from campus)/ There are multiple pubs, bars, cafe's, restaurants and nightclubs which tend to be full of students at the weekend. You can always rely on the town to be buzzing with students over the weekend! If we ever fancy a bigger city night out we tend to go to either Nottingham or Leicester on the train as they are both approximately 20 minutes away. The train station isn't far from campus and there is a campus shuttle which goes to the station.

I hope that gives you some insight. If you have any questions please do ask 🙂

Alex
Students relax outside, University of Surrey
University of Surrey
Guildford

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending