The Student Room Group

Further maths specimen papers?!

I just did the edexcel further maths core pure 1 specimen paper and what the hell was that. Ive done all the past papers from 2019-2023 for CP1 and CP2 and on all of them i got A* (except from one of the 2021 papers and CP1 for 2023, pretty self explanatory as those papers were pretty hard).
Just did the specimen paper and i got 44/75. My confidence is slowly stumping. Are the specimen papers meant to be this different to the other past papers, or what. Like the polar curve question i had no idea what to do. Im hoping i never see a question like that again oh my.
Anyone have any idea if i should be worried about that those kinda questions appearing again or what
Reply 1
Original post by 435346436
I just did the edexcel further maths core pure 1 specimen paper and what the hell was that. Ive done all the past papers from 2019-2023 for CP1 and CP2 and on all of them i got A* (except from one of the 2021 papers and CP1 for 2023, pretty self explanatory as those papers were pretty hard).
Just did the specimen paper and i got 44/75. My confidence is slowly stumping. Are the specimen papers meant to be this different to the other past papers, or what. Like the polar curve question i had no idea what to do. Im hoping i never see a question like that again oh my.
Anyone have any idea if i should be worried about that those kinda questions appearing again or what
Sample assessments in an all A-level courses seem to consistently be harder than the actual exams. Idk why, maybe Edexcel didn’t want people complaining that the actual exams were harder when they made the specimen papers.
(edited 1 month ago)

Quick Reply

Latest