The Student Room Group

IB MYP to A Levels?

Hi,

We're moving to the UK at the end of my son finishing his MYP IB program at an international school in the Netherlands.

Does anyone know how easy it is to get into regular UK state schools to do A Levels when the student hasn't done GCSEs or iGCSEs? Do they accept MYP as an equivalent qualification, or will he have to sit GCSEs?
Original post by citizenkain
Hi,
We're moving to the UK at the end of my son finishing his MYP IB program at an international school in the Netherlands.
Does anyone know how easy it is to get into regular UK state schools to do A Levels when the student hasn't done GCSEs or iGCSEs? Do they accept MYP as an equivalent qualification, or will he have to sit GCSEs?

Hi,

I am in similar position as well, I am currently studying the MYP program and about to switch to A-Levels. It depends whether or not your son has done the e-assessments, but they normally do except the MYP as an equivalent qualification, I have known people that are able to get into sixth forms with and without e-assessments, only with a school transcript. He shouldn't have to sit any GCSE's to get into a sixth form. ❤️

I hope this helps 😊.
Reply 2
Thanks yes that helps! The good news is that it appears possible.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending