The Student Room Group

Geography NEA question

Help I’m starting my geography NEA coursework and I have no idea what question to do. I was originally going to do how green spaces affect an area. But I think it might be difficult to measure. What regeneration question would be good?
Reply 1
Original post by Diet-coke
Help I’m starting my geography NEA coursework and I have no idea what question to do. I was originally going to do how green spaces affect an area. But I think it might be difficult to measure. What regeneration question would be good?

Here is 2 possible regeneration questions you can consider ( I can only think of 2 rn) :

to what extent has regeneration been successful in X area

can be measured by :
Improved transport and accessibility
Improved infrastructure and housing qualities
Increased feelings of safety by residents (use questionnaires),
Reduced crimes
Reduced pollution/improved environment quality (use EQS)
Attraction of TNCs and skilled workers to the area (has the function of the area changed? Use land use surveys to figure this out. e.g. London Dockland's major function was industrial areas consisted of ports and stuff, and then after regeneration it became a commercial area with global TNCs in the area)

There is so much to explore with this!

to what extent has regeneration improved the quality of living/living standards in X area

Again there is so much ways to measure this - you can even look at if the number of green spaces has increased
(btw you don't have to look into improvements in living standards. You can change this and look into another factor that regeneration may have improved e.g. safety. It doesn't have to be living standards)

Hope it helps!
Reply 2
Hi can you explain what to include in each section such as introduction and methodology
Reply 3
Original post by Itzdk
Hi can you explain what to include in each section such as introduction and methodology

I’m my intro I mainly just explaining the location and the history of the area as well as any relevant information like demographics x

Quick Reply