The Student Room Group
North Campus, Birmingham City University
Birmingham City University
Birmingham
Visit website

My experience studying abroad with BCU.

Hi TSR!

I recently had the opportunity to go abroad; I spent the week at a university in southern Germany!

It was a week packed full of learning and fun. The lectures were incredibly engaging and very relevant to my course back home. I also visited schools and observed lessons. There were so many fun activities, such as a German cooking class, meals out, scavenger hunts, a visit to an art gallery, and a German festival!

I met so many amazing people from all over the world, and they taught me so much about their education systems. I was able to share my knowledge of our education system here in the UK. It was interesting to compare the way we do things, and I will definitely be taking some of their practices into consideration.

Once the week was over, I received a certificate of participation, which I will proudly display alongside my other qualifications.

If you are thinking of going abroad to study, volunteer, or just for fun, I strongly recommend it! It's a great topic to discuss in interviews; it really speaks volumes about the type of person you are and how committed you are to learning. There were some challenging moments, particularly the travelling aspect, but I overcame them, and it has made me all the more resilient for it (another great thing to mention in interviews!).

If you have any questions about my experience please respond to this thread!

BCU has lots of study and volunteer abroad opportunities for students on every course. If you want to find out more about BCU's Go Abroad scheme, click here.

Anastasia,
BCU Student Rep.
(edited 1 month ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending