The Student Room Group
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield

Uni Of Sheffield - Private VS Uni City Accommodation

Hi, i just firm UoS and i wanted to know if there is any pros living in the uni accommodations (thinking about city since im not a party person and couldnt bother to walk 20 mins to class everyday). the price of private accommodation is far more cheaper than the uni accom and has a lot more facilities. im looking at centralplace or hollis croft for private. Anyone could recommend or share their experience?
Reply 1
A lot of people I know went private, especially a lot of international students choose to go private. I was in endcliffe and you are right, it is a 20 minute walk to class everyday and even though there is maybe a bit more social life, you wont be missing out on any if you choose city centre accom.

Personally I liked endcliffe, but if I could choose again, I would either go private (to save some money) or choose the city centre accomodation as it's also really close to uni it's a lot more helpful.

Hollis croft is a good place, if you want some other private ideas, there's quite a lot around allen court area and edward street, they are also very close to the diamond which a lot of people have lectures and study there.
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield
Reply 2
Original post by STPZ
A lot of people I know went private, especially a lot of international students choose to go private. I was in endcliffe and you are right, it is a 20 minute walk to class everyday and even though there is maybe a bit more social life, you wont be missing out on any if you choose city centre accom.
Personally I liked endcliffe, but if I could choose again, I would either go private (to save some money) or choose the city centre accomodation as it's also really close to uni it's a lot more helpful.
Hollis croft is a good place, if you want some other private ideas, there's quite a lot around allen court area and edward street, they are also very close to the diamond which a lot of people have lectures and study there.

i see thanks for your reply! i was worried that i wouldn’t be meeting new people since whats the point of going to uni if im just gonna hang out with the same people i know from my country but im kinda not on the party side and lazy so really didnt consider endcliffe/ranmoor. figured that i should go private and probably just joined clubs/societies to find friends
Reply 3
Original post by lysz
i see thanks for your reply! i was worried that i wouldn’t be meeting new people since whats the point of going to uni if im just gonna hang out with the same people i know from my country but im kinda not on the party side and lazy so really didnt consider endcliffe/ranmoor. figured that i should go private and probably just joined clubs/societies to find friends

For me the best way to find friends was through societies and tutorials. You will definitely get to know people through your tutorials that are on your course then everyone else you will meet at different events and societies.

A lot of people also become good friends with the random people they are allocated with in their accom, that wasn't the case for me personally but I know for a lot of my friends it was!
Reply 4
Original post by lysz
Hi, i just firm UoS and i wanted to know if there is any pros living in the uni accommodations (thinking about city since im not a party person and couldnt bother to walk 20 mins to class everyday). the price of private accommodation is far more cheaper than the uni accom and has a lot more facilities. im looking at centralplace or hollis croft for private. Anyone could recommend or share their experience?

If you're interested in Hollis Croft I have a refer code for you to use.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending