The Student Room Group

GCSE English Literature Love and Relationships Poems

I compare Neutral Tones to Winter Swans but didn't use any context 😭
But I wrote a really, really in-depth analysis, will it affect my mark that much?
You don't need context for poetry- you only need 'context of ideas' or smth- I did the same comparison and basically used no context apart from the fact that Hardy had many failed relationships, and others didn't say anything at all. You should be fine, context is not required for poetry.
Reply 2
Original post by skitter12
You don't need context for poetry- you only need 'context of ideas' or smth- I did the same comparison and basically used no context apart from the fact that Hardy had many failed relationships, and others didn't say anything at all. You should be fine, context is not required for poetry.

alr, I did talk about romanticism and the fact that neutral tones was looking at a memory, do you think that's all right?
Original post by Liqht
alr, I did talk about romanticism and the fact that neutral tones was looking at a memory, do you think that's all right?

yh that's absolutely fine - you talked about the ideas in each poem which is great, so you shouldn't lose any marks (probably gain some instead)
Reply 4
yh that's absolutely fine - you talked about the ideas in each poem which is great, so you shouldn't lose any marks (probably gain some instead)

ahh, tysm, i was worrying a bit 😅

Hi! I compared it to When we 2 Parted aswell! What points did you make? I rhink im not that strong at actually comparing poems, however i do really in depth analysis ahhh so scared
Original post by StudyGirlGrammar
Hi! I compared it to When we 2 Parted aswell! What points did you make? I rhink im not that strong at actually comparing poems, however i do really in depth analysis ahhh so scared

sorry I did mine with winter swans not ww2p, but for neutral tones my points were the negative winter, the bitterness in the relationship and the failure/death of the relasionship, idk if that helps?

Quick Reply