The Student Room Group
Lord Ashcroft Building, Anglia Ruskin University
Anglia Ruskin University
Chelmsford

Anglia Ruskin Chelmsford Campus Accom

Hii, does anyone here (preferably studying med/medical science) at Anglia Ruskin live in the student village in Chelmsford?
If so, how is it as in the people, food etc?
What are the prices like?
Original post by flyingbunny.80
Hii, does anyone here (preferably studying med/medical science) at Anglia Ruskin live in the student village in Chelmsford?
If so, how is it as in the people, food etc?
What are the prices like?

Hi there,

I’m in my second year of medical science and I lived in the student village in my first year.

It’s a 5 minute walk to campus making it really easy to get to lectures and is only a 15 minute walk into the town centre. It is self catered so you need to buy your own food, you will share the kitchen with those you live with. There is a shop on campus to buy small things but it’s a little expensive to do your entire food shop. There is also a subway, Chinese and papa johns on campus.

People wise you will be grouped randomly I had 1 medical science student, 3 nurses and an architecture student in my flat. They were all easy to live with and I recommend a bin rota! I paid £138 per week for my 6 person flat which includes your room (a single bedroom, storage and ensuite), a shared kitchen and bills. See this link for updated pricing https://www.aru.ac.uk/student-life/accommodation/chelmsford-student-village

I hope that helps and please ask any questions regarding Medical Science or student life!

Best Wishes,

Chloe
Student Ambassador
Lord Ashcroft Building, Anglia Ruskin University
Anglia Ruskin University
Chelmsford
I am coming this September to study Bsc Pharmaceutical Science at ARU Chelmsford. I just wanted to know more about Chlemsford in your words about the part time jobs scene, accomodation rent , campus , connectivity with London and also would i able to save up to pay the tution fees for the second year by doing part time after paying the accomodation rents every week ? Please let me know all about it in your words.

Quick Reply