The Student Room Group
Students at University of Brighton, Checkland
University of Brighton
Brighton
Visit website

Realistically, would I get on the course?

So I left college in 23' and had no plans to go to Uni after A-levels. But now I want to go into publishing, for that you need an English degree or something along similar lines. I want to do English literature and creative writing at The University of Brighton but UCAS says you need at least CCB (104 UCAS points) and I got CCD + C in AS history which brings my UCAS points out at 100; so I'm just under. Does anyone know how lenient they are? Or does it depend on the course? I just want to know if I have a shot or not haha.
Hi there!

My advice would be to contact the university's admissions team directly and ask for their advice. Alternatively, you could look into Foundation Years, or if the extra year doesn't appeal to you, you could wait for Clearing to start in the Summer as the criteria for entry is usually reduced.

Good luck!
Students at University of Brighton, Checkland
University of Brighton
Brighton
Visit website
Original post by hollyalex245
So I left college in 23' and had no plans to go to Uni after A-levels. But now I want to go into publishing, for that you need an English degree or something along similar lines. I want to do English literature and creative writing at The University of Brighton but UCAS says you need at least CCB (104 UCAS points) and I got CCD + C in AS history which brings my UCAS points out at 100; so I'm just under. Does anyone know how lenient they are? Or does it depend on the course? I just want to know if I have a shot or not haha.

Generally ucas points are based on your best 3 A levels so you effectively have 88 points not 100. Check with the university as some might accept your AS.

Nobody can tell whether you will get an offer. Most universities accept dropped grades and you are 2 grades down. It is worth a try but there is no guarantee. It will depend on the numbers who have met the 104 points.
Original post by hollyalex245
Hi @hollyalex245 😊

Brighton Uni offer a flexible admissions policy, which means we will still consider offering you a place even if you do not meet our published entry criteria. Our admissions team will take into account your full application including personal statement, qualifications and references.

Please feel free to apply for the course with the qualifications you have listed and our admissions team will then review your application for you 😊

I hope this is helpful! Best of luck with your application!

Danielle - Brighton Uni Rep

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending