The Student Room Group

english lit paper 2 2024

hi guys for my kamikaze power and conflict poem i compared it with checking out me history. idk the structure examiners look for but i basically did one paragraph on language and another on thematic elements however didnt have enough time for a third paragraph on STRUCTURE, so i wrote abt 4 lines on both poems structure quite briefly. will i lose marks for not devoting a whole paragraph to structure??
It's not possible to lose marks, they simply reward you for what you have. It's perfectly okay to not have much on structure, in fact it's possible to get away with nothing on structure, though it is usually preferred to be at least mentioned for the higher grades. Honestly as long as the rest of your analysis for everything overall is good then you'll be fine :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by mango4379
It's not possible to lose marks, they simply reward you for what you have. It's perfectly okay to not have much on structure, in fact it's possible to get away with nothing on structure, though it is usually preferred to be at least mentioned for the higher grades. Honestly as long as the rest of your analysis for everything overall is good then you'll be fine :smile:

tysm. i did so much analysis and context for both poems and then sneakily slotted in 3 sentences on their structures with a bit of explanations, my teacher said u should have a whole paragraph on it but if thats not the case then whoopee
Original post by s1enn5
tysm. i did so much analysis and context for both poems and then sneakily slotted in 3 sentences on their structures with a bit of explanations, my teacher said u should have a whole paragraph on it but if thats not the case then whoopee

If u wrote loads of analysis and context then you'll be perfectly fine! My teacher doesn't teach you to have a paragraph on structure and instead teaches what she calls 'ideas lead' paragraphs, instead meaning that you talk about an idea or perspective and then bring your language and/or structural techniques into that. In practise questions we have done my teacher has awarded me a level 8 before with little on structure so you should be fine!!

Quick Reply