The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough

Slightly lower grades

Hi, I’m trying to get into Loughborough university this year for Fashion design and I have received a contextual offer of BBC but I am slightly concerned I may not achieve this grade. As per my predictions and coursework marks I’ve received a possible set of grades I might earn is ABD and I was wondering if Loughborough would still take me in with these grades (A being in the subject I choose to study and D in an unrelated subject).
Reply 1
Original post by aquatic-roost
Hi, I’m trying to get into Loughborough university this year for Fashion design and I have received a contextual offer of BBC but I am slightly concerned I may not achieve this grade. As per my predictions and coursework marks I’ve received a possible set of grades I might earn is ABD and I was wondering if Loughborough would still take me in with these grades (A being in the subject I choose to study and D in an unrelated subject).

Whilst it is equivalent in terms of UCAS points, there's no guarantee that Loughborough will take you (especially since they asked for letter grades). It will depend on how many unfilled spaces they have on the course.

Try and focus on getting the best grades possible.
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough
Original post by mesub
Whilst it is equivalent in terms of UCAS points, there's no guarantee that Loughborough will take you (especially since they asked for letter grades). It will depend on how many unfilled spaces they have on the course.
Thank you for your reply, I’m trying to achieve the best grades I can but I’m not very confident that those grades are BBC. I’m just a bit worried.
Original post by mesub

Thank you for your reply, I am trying my best In these current exams to achieve my best grades but I am just unsure that my best grades are BBC and I just wanted to know if unis have done this in the past.
Lots of unis accept people below their offer conditions every year.

Unis can only decide whether it is possible in each case when they see this years AL results, as it determines how much space they have for 'near miss' offer holders.

Quick Reply