The Student Room Group

Law work experience for year 12

Hey, does anyone know of any law firms where i could apply to do a couple days of work experience in the London and Hertfordshire area? I've applied to a few places but i just want to keep my options open and send a bunch of emails to places and see where i can get in. My school wants us to do work experience for two days in June and i want to do something that will actually help me in the future with what i want to do. If anyone has any recommendations they would be greatly appreciated.
Original post by nadinedabat
Hey, does anyone know of any law firms where i could apply to do a couple days of work experience in the London and Hertfordshire area? I've applied to a few places but i just want to keep my options open and send a bunch of emails to places and see where i can get in. My school wants us to do work experience for two days in June and i want to do something that will actually help me in the future with what i want to do. If anyone has any recommendations they would be greatly appreciated.

I don't know if this is too late but you might be able to find something on indeed?

Have you tried searching online, or calling a solicitors directly?

Hi there

It can be quite challenging to find legal work experience during year 12, but it is definitely possible. I do not know the local area at Hertfordshire, but perhaps try searching for local law firms, and actively emailing firms regarding any work experience opportunities. This helped me in Year 13 when securing volunteering opportunities too. 🙂 Some large firms may offer opportunities on their websites, but these will generally be more competitive, though still worth a shot! 😀

Good luck!
Chloe
University of Kent Student Rep

Quick Reply