The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

St Johns college Durham

Anyone know what kind of people St John's college Durham has? Are they fun and good party goers?

(edited 2 months ago)
Hey! I've been allocated St John's - have you?
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by sophieblakemore

Yes but I’m deferring so I may be reallocated
Original post by A_nicod
Yes but I’m deferring so I may be reallocated

Oh haha!! What are you studying??
Reply 4
I have !!
Original post by halil32
I have !!

Hey!! What are you planning to study!!
Reply 6
Hey!! What are you planning to study!!
Natural sciences hbu
Original post by halil32
Natural sciences hbu
I'm studying maths!! Do u have insta?
Reply 8
Oh haha!! What are you studying??

Biological sciences
Original post by A_nicod
Anyone know what kind of people St John's college Durham has? Are they fun and good party goers?

Hi there

You will find a mix of 'party-going' and 'I'd rather chill in bed' people in all colleges so whichever side you belong to, you don't need to worry as you can find them in whichever college you go to :smile:

-Himieka
Reply 10
Hey i've been allocated St johns too, I'm studying chemistry :smile:
Hi I got St Johns, I'm studying politics!
Reply 12
Hey, St Johns is great. It's a small college, can seem a little "cliquey" as they quite often keep to themselves, but I have a lot of friends in the college and they're all absolutely lovely. I would say its on the quieter side of the university, but there's a wide range of people. I actually had my best night out pre-ing in a shared room at Johns last year (the rooms are also gorgeous).
Hey, St Johns is great. It's a small college, can seem a little "cliquey" as they quite often keep to themselves, but I have a lot of friends in the college and they're all absolutely lovely. I would say its on the quieter side of the university, but there's a wide range of people. I actually had my best night out pre-ing in a shared room at Johns last year (the rooms are also gorgeous).

Tysm x Is the religious stereotype true?
Original post by oliviastark
Tysm x Is the religious stereotype true?
Hey! My brother went there and it’s not true - I think some religious people are attracted to it but by no means are most people there religious. It’s like if you’re Christian you’ll probably be at johns as opposed to if you’re at johns you’re probably Christian if ygm
Original post by Anonymous
Hey! My brother went there and it’s not true - I think some religious people are attracted to it but by no means are most people there religious. It’s like if you’re Christian you’ll probably be at johns as opposed to if you’re at johns you’re probably Christian if ygm

Thank you! I put Johns down as my first choice regardless but was hesitant because I didn't entirely know how religious it would be. I still wanted there to be a good social scene so this is very reassuring thank you! Do you know what the accomodation was like/did he have to share a room? And if so how did he find it?
Thank you! I put Johns down as my first choice regardless but was hesitant because I didn't entirely know how religious it would be. I still wanted there to be a good social scene so this is very reassuring thank you! Do you know what the accomodation was like/did he have to share a room? And if so how did he find it?
He was actually super lucky with his accom - he got a single room with a double bed. Shared bathrooms.
Original post by Anonymous
He was actually super lucky with his accom - he got a single room with a double bed. Shared bathrooms.

Oh that's really good! I'm slightly apprehensive about possibly sharing a room, do you know if anyone had serious difficulties sharing? thank you so much for answering my questions x
Oh that's really good! I'm slightly apprehensive about possibly sharing a room, do you know if anyone had serious difficulties sharing? thank you so much for answering my questions x
I’m unsure, but I don’t think so. I myself have been allocated to chads and a lot of them have said they love sharing a room but I guess it depends on the person

Quick Reply