The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE Economics

hi i'm currently a year 12 student looking to apply for economics at lse, however my gcse grades are 9888887777. i know it might sound a bit silly, but i hear lse are really particular on having a strong set of gcses. what are your thoughts?
yeah you need pretty much all 8s/9s and GCSE (probably minimum 5) and 3+A*s predicted unless you're contextual, having just the grades isn't enough tho as it predominantly comes down to PS. Loads of people got rejected with 4 A*s predicted
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 2
yeah i got rejected this year with 4 A* predicteds and all 9s apart from one 7 at gcse
Original post by Anonymous
hi i'm currently a year 12 student looking to apply for economics at lse, however my gcse grades are 9888887777. i know it might sound a bit silly, but i hear lse are really particular on having a strong set of gcses. what are your thoughts?

9 equates to an A or a B?
Reply 4
Original post by anonymous
9 equates to an a or a b?

9 = a*
8= a
7 = a/b
Original post by N1.GOAT
yeah i got rejected this year with 4 A* predicteds and all 9s apart from one 7 at gcse
heyy could you give some advice on what you think someone would need in addition with grades like yours like extracurriculars?
Reply 6
Original post by Anonymous
heyy could you give some advice on what you think someone would need in addition with grades like yours like extracurriculars?
Hi, whilst I did get rejected by LSE (and St Andrews) I did get accepted to Cambridge, UCL and Warwick so my application must of been competitive. I'm unsure the specific reasoning for LSE's rejection, perhaps they really value awards, such as participation in essay writing competitions which I never did. That being said, I think LSE receives more application, because both people who applied to Oxford and Cambridge courses are probably applying there. I'm happy to answer any more questions about my application if you would like
Original post by N1.GOAT
Hi, whilst I did get rejected by LSE (and St Andrews) I did get accepted to Cambridge, UCL and Warwick so my application must of been competitive. I'm unsure the specific reasoning for LSE's rejection, perhaps they really value awards, such as participation in essay writing competitions which I never did. That being said, I think LSE receives more application, because both people who applied to Oxford and Cambridge courses are probably applying there. I'm happy to answer any more questions about my application if you would like

how did you revise for the TMUA for cambridge?
Reply 8
I used tmua ninja a lot. Its a great website in which you can do past exams in timed conditions or learn topics. Some features are pay-to-unlock but I only used the free version, probably worth the price though if you start preparing well in advance

Quick Reply