The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Headed to Stephenson 2024?

Got a Durham offer, and I’ve been assigned Stephenson in the preliminary college allocations. Is there anyone else? Or anyone who goes/went there willing to share their experience?

Scroll to see replies

Yeah I just got it too. Had it as my 6th choice so not too sure how to feel tbh
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by anonymous7337
Yeah I just got it too. Had it as my 6th choice so not too sure how to feel tbh

It was my 4th. Did you go see it on an open day? The bar and social space was really cool and the whole place had a nice vibe… also what are you hoping to study?
Reply 3
I got it too!! It was my first choice Bahaha 😅
Original post by Swiney06
It was my 4th. Did you go see it on an open day? The bar and social space was really cool and the whole place had a nice vibe… also what are you hoping to study?

Nah I only got to look around St John’s and Van Mildert when I was there. I think all the colleges will be nice regardless so I’m not too worried either way. I’m studying finance btw
Reply 5
i got it too, but it was at around 8-9th on my choices. so i’m lowkey bummed about it
Got a Durham offer, and I’ve been assigned Stephenson in the preliminary college allocations. Is there anyone else? Or anyone who goes/went there willing to share their experience?

I got allocated was my 3rd choice so quite happy!
Reply 7
Original post by Bread680
I got it too!! It was my first choice Bahaha 😅
thats great news, i’m studying maths wbu?
Reply 8
thats great news, i’m studying maths wbu?
I’m doing law 🙂
Reply 9
I’m doing law 🙂

ooo hi, i’m doing law too 👀👀
Original post by fymyanis
i got it too, but it was at around 8-9th on my choices. so i’m lowkey bummed about it

i didnt even rank it and i got it 🫠 does anyone have anything they like about it? im trying not to worry but i really expected to get one of the 10 i put down, and if i hadn’t already firmed durham i’d have withdrawn my application if i’d know if get allocated stephensons, im glad its self catered at least!
Original post by Anonymous
i didnt even rank it and i got it 🫠 does anyone have anything they like about it? im trying not to worry but i really expected to get one of the 10 i put down, and if i hadn’t already firmed durham i’d have withdrawn my application if i’d know if get allocated stephensons, im glad its self catered at least!

i’m mostly trying to be positive about it though 😭 after all we can’t only be applying to durham for a specific college
i’m mostly trying to be positive about it though 😭 after all we can’t only be applying to durham for a specific college

yeah trying to be positive, just wish durham would be able to come up with a better algorithm 😭 what r u hoping to study?
yeah trying to be positive, just wish durham would be able to come up with a better algorithm 😭 what r u hoping to study?

i’m planning to study law! wbu? :smile:

As a current student who is not part of stevo, their bar is one of my favs, it seems to have the best sorts of vibes, and based on what I’ve seen their social spaces in general seem to be really nice
same, I ranked it like 8th , but at least it’s self catered . Do you know what the bathrooms are like?? I rlly want to find out what the shared bathrooms r like and whether the paired bathroom is bigger as I didn’t tour it lol Xx
I loved it when I went to see it - it was my top choice! It just had a really nice vibe, the bar was so pretty and the rooms were pretty nice compared to a lot of the others I’d seen. It sucks that you got one that you didn’t want but it really is a lovely college :smile:
I loved it when I went to see it - it was my top choice! It just had a really nice vibe, the bar was so pretty and the rooms were pretty nice compared to a lot of the others I’d seen. It sucks that you got one that you didn’t want but it really is a lovely college :smile:

it sounds nice! unfortunately i’m an international student so i had to rely on certain sources online to make my
decisions :c
Reply 18
I'm doing marketing at durham in 2024 and i got allocated Stephenson from my 4th choice! Not too shabby. It looked pretty cheeky from what i saw on the open day. Anyone else on here doing the same course as me?
it sounds nice! unfortunately i’m an international student so i had to rely on certain sources online to make my
decisions :c
Ahhh that sucks I’d hate to only have the online stuff to make my choice. It’s so cool that you’re an international student tho, are you coming from far? 🙂

Quick Reply