The Student Room Group

GCSE Maths Papers 2 and 3 - formulae or no?

I made the same mistake of memorising a lot of the formulae for paper 1 and the harder ones like the quadratic equation ended up being given on a formula sheet - don't know whether they announced they'd be doing this prior but I didn't have a clue. Is it reasonable to expect them to do the same for the next 2 papers, or do I still need to memorise the ones that I don't know?
(edited 1 month ago)
Reply 1
im pretty sure the formula sheet is the same for all maths papers, if that's what you're asking
Original post by The_Architect
I made the same mistake of memorising a lot of the formulae for paper 1 and the harder ones like the quadratic equation ended up being given on a formula sheet - don't know whether they announced they'd be doing this prior but I didn't have a clue. Is it reasonable to expect them to do the same for the next 2 papers, or do I still need to memorise the ones that I don't know?

They had announced beforehand that they will include a formula sheet for all the exams and it will be the same for each subject. so the only things that you may need to know are the sin cos tan values but that won’t come up anymore as that’s non calc! so don’t worry about learning any equations
Original post by izabella_2891
They had announced beforehand that they will include a formula sheet for all the exams and it will be the same for each subject. so the only things that you may need to know are the sin cos tan values but that won’t come up anymore as that’s non calc! so don’t worry about learning any equations

Regarding the formulae sheet, that helps a lot thank you, it's a shame no one told me about it for the first exam but I did manage to find it and at least now I know I won't have to memorise anything on there.

Regarding sin cos and tan not coming up on calculator papers how sure are you of this? Doesn't calc just mean the calculations will be harder rather than guarantee certain topics won't come up on it?
Original post by The_Architect
Regarding the formulae sheet, that helps a lot thank you, it's a shame no one told me about it for the first exam but I did manage to find it and at least now I know I won't have to memorise anything on there.
Regarding sin cos and tan not coming up on calculator papers how sure are you of this? Doesn't calc just mean the calculations will be harder rather than guarantee certain topics won't come up on it?

I mean it could come up but it would just be plugging the values into your calculator so i doubt it
Original post by izabella_2891
I mean it could come up but it would just be plugging the values into your calculator so i doubt it

Good point, thanks for your help it's much appreciated

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending