The Student Room Group

Sociology a level help grades

Ok so I did paper one today and it was pretty decent apart from the fact that I run out of time and so therefore only did two paragraphs for method in context question and only did one paragraphs for the theory ten marker. Bc I didn’t finish the question I’m aware I won’t get the marks for it hence I am panicking as I need an A, say if I average 80 on the next two papers is that enough for an A i
Original post by Studentalevel127
Ok so I did paper one today and it was pretty decent apart from the fact that I run out of time and so therefore only did two paragraphs for method in context question and only did one paragraphs for the theory ten marker. Bc I didn’t finish the question I’m aware I won’t get the marks for it hence I am panicking as I need an A, say if I average 80 on the next two papers is that enough for an A i

Hi @Studentalevel127 ,

I'm glad that your recent paper went okay, I'm so sorry to hear that timing was an issue. That was the same that happened to me when I did A-levels, however, I was still able to get a good grade. I'd suggest multiple things.
Firstly, checking what the grade boundaries for past years in the exam board was. You can compare with what you think you can get and work from that to see an estimate of what is needed to get your desired grade of an A. Also, I'd try to work via 'cancel by elimination' you have 2 big written question on particular topic, you can eliminate that to come back (as big markers) for the next papers to come. Look at the topics of previous years for the big markers, work out how likely they are to turn up again.

Something I use to do and still do in university exams is skim through my paper. I complete papers from back to front, so I can "rush my answers" (if I'm running out on time) on the easier questions at the front that doesn't take as much time as the big long essay questions.

I hope I managed to help, good luck with the rest of your exams!

Best Wish
Kaprice R [3rd Year - BSc (Hons) Forensic Science]
LSBU Rep

Quick Reply