The Student Room Group

Missed out section C of AQA GCSE English lit paper 2, am I cooked?

I accidentally didn’t flip the extract booklet page for GCSE English lit paper 2 yesterday and stupidly ended up missing out the whole of section C (Unseen poetry)
Can I still at least get a grade 7/8?
(edited 2 months ago)
Reply 1
AQA or Edexcel?
Reply 2
Original post by sahanas
AQA or Edexcel?

AQA
Reply 3
i do edexcel so idk…. how many marks is unseen poetry wirth?
Reply 4
Original post by sahanas
i do edexcel so idk…. how many marks is unseen poetry wirth?

32 in total 🥲
You miss out 32 marks. Based on previous year grade boundaries, if you got full marks in the previous Q then you would get a 7 (you could only miss 2 marks in total in Q1 and Q2, or you would get a high 6). I think if the grade boundaries go down and you have high marks for all questions, then you could potentially get a 7, but realistically, a 6.
Original post by Etrnl
I accidentally didn’t flip the extract booklet page for GCSE English lit paper 2 yesterday and stupidly ended up missing out the whole of section C (Unseen poetry)
Can I still at least get a grade 7/8?

It's the total score for two papers that matter. Just hope that you will get high marks for P1.
Reply 7
Original post by anastasiaveda9
You miss out 32 marks. Based on previous year grade boundaries, if you got full marks in the previous Q then you would get a 7 (you could only miss 2 marks in total in Q1 and Q2, or you would get a high 6). I think if the grade boundaries go down and you have high marks for all questions, then you could potentially get a 7, but realistically, a 6.
Ah okay, ty <3
Reply 8
also remember that a lot of people made a ton of mistakes like that this year… people wrote about mR birling instead of mRS… the grade boundaries should be fine!
Reply 9
Original post by sahanas
also remember that a lot of people made a ton of mistakes like that this year… people wrote about mR birling instead of mRS… the grade boundaries should be fine!

Alright, thank u sm 🫶

Quick Reply