The Student Room Group

Transferring schools in year 13- medicine application

I wanted to apply for medicine this year however my teachers have refused to give me the predicted grades I need for university. Predicted AAB(achieved a B in chemistry and predicted a B) would it be smart to transfer schools in order to be able to sit September mocks to improve my predicted grades. This will be lots of work and I’ll have to be revising for my UCAT too. Would it be smart to do this? Which schools in London has September mocks?
(edited 4 weeks ago)
No, it would be exceptionally silly to petulantly switch schools mid-course.
I cannot think a more stupid way to totally sabotage your A levels.

Calm down, and go and speak to your Head of Sixth tomorrow.
Ask them what you need to do for relevant teachers to increase your grade predictions.
You might find that a bit of humility goes a long way, and that steaming in with all guns blazing will just annoy your teachers even more - not a good move. You think you are worthy of higher grades - then show them why.

You have until September/October to turn this around.
And that depends on you, and how much you actually want to do Medicine, or if this is more about sulking because you can't get your own way.
Reply 2
Original post by McGinger
No, it would be exceptionally silly to petulantly switch schools mid-course.
I cannot think a more stupid way to totally sabotage your A levels.
Calm down, and go and speak to your Head of Sixth tomorrow.
Ask them what you need to do for relevant teachers to increase your grade predictions.
You might find that a bit of humility goes a long way, and that steaming in with all guns blazing will just annoy your teachers even more - not a good move. You think you are worthy of higher grades - then show them why.
You have until September/October to turn this around.
And that depends on you, and how much you actually want to do Medicine, or if this is more about sulking because you can't get your own way.

I’ve spoken to my subject teachers and the head of the department and they said they’re not changing anyone’s grades or predicting anyone up. I said id do any extra test and assessment to show im able to get higher but he said he’s not accepting anything as it would be unfair to other students. My old high school has a sixth form which has all the same exam boards with the teachers liking me.
So, work your socks off - and prove them wrong.
And then take a gap year and apply for Medicine with achieved grades.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending