The Student Room Group

Student Finance application rejected

Hello, I was wondering if anyone could help me with this.

I've been offered a place at a university in England to study a PGCE in September 2024. I received an email on 15/05/24 explaining that my application for Student Finance funding was rejected. The email explained that it was rejected on the grounds of my residency history.

I a dual UK and Irish citizen from Northern Ireland. I spent 25 years living, working and studying in NI before moving to Spain. I am currently in possession of an Irish passport only, but am eligible for a UK passport on the grounds of birth and family background. I was born in the UK (London) and both of my parents, who are dual UK and Irish citizens too, were also born in the UK. This entitles me to UK citizenship and the right to have a UK passport.

I'm currently in the process of appealing the decision, but I'm wondering if anyone has ever been in a similar situation? Thanks in advance for any advice!

Cormac
Original post by Cormac Mallon
Hello, I was wondering if anyone could help me with this.
I've been offered a place at a university in England to study a PGCE in September 2024. I received an email on 15/05/24 explaining that my application for Student Finance funding was rejected. The email explained that it was rejected on the grounds of my residency history.
I a dual UK and Irish citizen from Northern Ireland. I spent 25 years living, working and studying in NI before moving to Spain. I am currently in possession of an Irish passport only, but am eligible for a UK passport on the grounds of birth and family background. I was born in the UK (London) and both of my parents, who are dual UK and Irish citizens too, were also born in the UK. This entitles me to UK citizenship and the right to have a UK passport.
I'm currently in the process of appealing the decision, but I'm wondering if anyone has ever been in a similar situation? Thanks in advance for any advice!
Cormac

Hi Cormac,

How long have you been in Spain for? What was the reason for moving over?

Thanks, Ross
Original post by Ross SLC
Hi Cormac,
How long have you been in Spain for? What was the reason for moving over?
Thanks, Ross
Hi Ross. I've been in Spain since 2014, I moved here for work.

Thanks, Cormac
Hi Ross. I've been in Spain since 2014, I moved here for work.
Thanks, Cormac

Thanks Cormac,

Are your employment contracts rolling temporary contracts? Did you maintain any sort of link to the UK Whilst being away?

Thanks, Ross
Thanks Cormac,
Are your employment contracts rolling temporary contracts? Did you maintain any sort of link to the UK Whilst being away?
Thanks, Ross

Hi Ross,

My contracts were temporary contracts. In addition, I kept my address in Northern Ireland and have bank accounts registered to this address and have bank statements to prove so. Could those help?

Thanks, Cormac
Hi Ross,
My contracts were temporary contracts. In addition, I kept my address in Northern Ireland and have bank accounts registered to this address and have bank statements to prove so. Could those help?
Thanks, Cormac

That can work Cormac,

Can you upload them online for your application?

Thanks, Ross
That can work Cormac,
Can you upload them online for your application?
Thanks, Ross

Hi Ross,

I can't upload anymore documents onto my online application. As things stand, my application has been rejected and being reviewed by a case handler. The email I received yesterday explained that if any further information is required by Student Finance then they will be in contact.
Do you happen to know if there any other ways of being able to upload copies of my employment contracts and bank statements?

Thanks for your help Ross, Cormac
Hi Ross,
I can't upload anymore documents onto my online application. As things stand, my application has been rejected and being reviewed by a case handler. The email I received yesterday explained that if any further information is required by Student Finance then they will be in contact.
Do you happen to know if there any other ways of being able to upload copies of my employment contracts and bank statements?
Thanks for your help Ross, Cormac

You should still be able to upload documents to the application.

If not, they can be sent by post to:
Student Finance England
PO Box 210
Darlington
DL1 9HJ

Please also send a cover letter with your CRN and name and the reason for sending them.

Thanks, Ross
You should still be able to upload documents to the application.
If not, they can be sent by post to:
Student Finance England
PO Box 210
Darlington
DL1 9HJ
Please also send a cover letter with your CRN and name and the reason for sending them.
Thanks, Ross

Hi Ross,

I'll have another look. If I can't upload the documents, I'll send them by post. Thanks again for your help.

Cormac
Hi Ross,
I'll have another look. If I can't upload the documents, I'll send them by post. Thanks again for your help.
Cormac

You're welcome Cormac. Any further queries please let us know. Thanks, Ross

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending