The Student Room Group
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester

Accommodation

Hi, looking for recommendations on accommodation for postgrad students. Seems like a minefield and so many scams and dodgy companies out there! Letting agents or companies please?
Original post by kthj1
Hi, looking for recommendations on accommodation for postgrad students. Seems like a minefield and so many scams and dodgy companies out there! Letting agents or companies please?

Hi @kthj1! We recommend looking for housing through Manchester Student Homes as they are a university-run housing service🙂 - Chloe
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester
Reply 2
Original post by Manchester Metropolitan University
Hi @kthj1! We recommend looking for housing through Manchester Student Homes as they are a university-run housing service🙂 - Chloe

Hi, thanks for your reply. I have looked on there most days but as far as I can see they’re all groups? It’s my first time in Manchester so I don’t know anyone yet- would this mean I need to find a group to rent with beforehand? Or will they place me in a group?
Original post by kthj1
Hi, thanks for your reply. I have looked on there most days but as far as I can see they’re all groups? It’s my first time in Manchester so I don’t know anyone yet- would this mean I need to find a group to rent with beforehand? Or will they place me in a group?

They often post whole properties that groups can rent together, but they should have the option for just rooms too where you'll be placed in a group. There's a Facebook group called Manchester Student's Group (MSG) where people will often either advertise available rooms or seek out people to rent houses with - also recommend checking that out!
Reply 4
Original post by Manchester Metropolitan University
They often post whole properties that groups can rent together, but they should have the option for just rooms too where you'll be placed in a group. There's a Facebook group called Manchester Student's Group (MSG) where people will often either advertise available rooms or seek out people to rent houses with - also recommend checking that out!

Thank you!

Quick Reply