The Student Room Group

Dissertation title mistake!

I just realised after submitting my dissertation that I made an error on my title. I was supposed to include that my study was towards women but completely missed that out by accident. I’m so stressed I can’t believe I didn’t realise I’m so annoyed at myself 😭
Original post by Seraniii
I just realised after submitting my dissertation that I made an error on my title. I was supposed to include that my study was towards women but completely missed that out by accident. I’m so stressed I can’t believe I didn’t realise I’m so annoyed at myself 😭

@Seraniii

Congratulations on submitting your dissertation; what an achievement!

I wouldn't worry about it too much because there is nothing you can do about it now, unfortunately. As long as you have clearly mentioned the purpose of your study in your abstract or mentioned the question that has guided your research (which I am sure you have), then it will be fine. Your marker won't take much notice of the title, but they will focus on the content itself. Most dissertation mark schemes focus on the main parts of the study (Lit review, methods, data analysis, etc.); that is where the majority of your marks will come from.

It is very easy to beat yourself up about these things! I did it myself when I realised that I missed out 5 or more references in my reference list, but once I submitted it, I just had to accept that there was nothing I could do now.

I really hope you don't spend too much time stressing over it! Reward yourself for coming to the end of your studies. I wish you all the best for your future endeavours:smile:

Ana,
BCU Student Rep.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending