The Student Room Group
Power Station Simulator, University of Strathclyde
University of Strathclyde

Law LLB 1st Year Timetable

Is anyone able to give me a rough idea of a recent timetable for this course? I’m trying to decide between staying in Halls or commuting so this would be really helpful. Thanks!
Reply 1
I’m at uni of Liverpool and I have to go uni about 4 days per week. And this is constant where if there is a workshop it could also be 5 days. But you do get chance to change your timetable, to suit your commute
Power Station Simulator, University of Strathclyde
University of Strathclyde
Original post by Anonymous
Is anyone able to give me a rough idea of a recent timetable for this course? I’m trying to decide between staying in Halls or commuting so this would be really helpful. Thanks!

Hey,
I studied law as part of a BA humanities degree so hoped I could offer some insight.
LLB classes are split to 3 modules per semester. Each module has 2-3 in person teaching hours which are delivered through a mix of lectures, tutorials and seminars. In person teaching is between the hours of 9 and 5 (9 and 1ish usually on Wednesdays to allow time for sport societies and well being Wednesdays. It may be that some of your classes are on the same day making them less spread out but depends which seminars and tutorials you are allocated/choose. I think I managed to have all my in person classes over 3 days.
I personally stayed in halls and accommodation close to campus because I was unable to commute. I did have many friends who did commute and it is manageable. I know on days that classes were spread out they liked to study in the library and it allowed for more focused study and then be more relaxed when home. It is really a personal preference and based on your circumstance. Be mindful you may have a 9am class so check that you can commute in on time.
Catherine - University of Strathclyde Student Ambassador.
Reply 3
Original post by University of Strathclyde Student Ambassador
Hey,
I studied law as part of a BA humanities degree so hoped I could offer some insight.
LLB classes are split to 3 modules per semester. Each module has 2-3 in person teaching hours which are delivered through a mix of lectures, tutorials and seminars. In person teaching is between the hours of 9 and 5 (9 and 1ish usually on Wednesdays to allow time for sport societies and well being Wednesdays. It may be that some of your classes are on the same day making them less spread out but depends which seminars and tutorials you are allocated/choose. I think I managed to have all my in person classes over 3 days.
I personally stayed in halls and accommodation close to campus because I was unable to commute. I did have many friends who did commute and it is manageable. I know on days that classes were spread out they liked to study in the library and it allowed for more focused study and then be more relaxed when home. It is really a personal preference and based on your circumstance. Be mindful you may have a 9am class so check that you can commute in on time.
Catherine - University of Strathclyde Student Ambassador.
Hi Catherine
Thank you so much for your detailed reply which is very helpful.

Quick Reply